Saturday 27 July 2013

Jesse Jagz: No Rancour With Choc City Family

Jesse Jagz: No Rancour With Choc City Family

Jesse Abaga otherwise known as Jesse Jagz is a talented musician and producer. He recently left his record label, CHOCOLATE CITY RECORD in controversial circumstances. His brother Jude Abaga (MI) is the Vice President of the label. Many say Jesse Jagz's departure was rancorous but he denied this. In this interview with Lanre Odukoya, he insists that all is well between him and the Choco City Boys. Continue after the cut...
 

 
WHAT SPURRED ME TO PRODUCE O LE KU IN 30 MINUTES .Hard work! But this is not to take anything away from the song, "Oleku". Besides, producing it within that time frame wasn't such a big deal. It's just plain hard work and nothing more. I felt great with the success. A special feeling is evoked when the product of one's work is well received. The wide acceptance of "Oleku" brings on such feelings of satisfaction. Beyond me as the producer, everyone connected with the production of that song shares in the feeling. LEAVING THE CHOC CITY TEAM.Regarding why I left, there is a simple way to look at it. I left because everyone, no matter who the person is or what the person is involved with, has a path and direction in life. For me, it is all about heading to another direction which is different from my brothers' own. Every man is on a personal journey in this world and as someone who is running his own race; I just must continue with mine. And as far as I know, music is a very personal thing. I have been in music long before Chocolate City came to existence. So, I wonder why people make it look as if we were not already in existence before Chocolate City was established. CURRENT RELATIONSHIP WITH EX-TEAM MATES.People always like the word – "family" because it makes everyone feel safe. But the reality is that families are made of human beings. So, the relationships that abound in families also have their own challenges as people evolve. Also friendship and loyalty are things that don't happen overnight; they keep evolving. So, the relationship has grown to the point of family bond for members of Chocolate City. It's just about growing in a different direction, that's all. BETWEEN BEING A SINGER AND A PRODUCER.Well, for me, they are both one and the same. I like to make music. I don't want to cage my passion; so I am comfortable just being the man who loves to make music, not just as an artiste or even a music producer. It's the same emotional energy for me once music, which is the underlying essence of it all, is involved. WHY I LEFT CHOC CITY.I've grown, simple! But this is not to say the company has remained static; they've also grown as a company. In moving on, I'm simply going to continue what I've always done, which is making music and being involved in one way or the other. I've always been independent; to the extent that I still have the liberty to do my own thing, whichever way I feel is good enough even when I was signed onto the label. So, I'm just me and I want to continue being me. WHAT TO EXPECT IN MY NEW ALBUM.Awesome music. The album will be a combination of awesome music which is what I have always represented and hope to continue to represent. I HAVE NO CAREER MENTORS.I have people I look up to. Sadly, a lot of the musicians I grew up listening to are no longer actively making music. But that does not change the fact that my musical influences were many like most true music figures you might have encountered. I just used to listen to everything that I could listen to; and that means I appreciate all genres of music. I respect a lot of artistes. About those impressing me? This is totally a different question altogether. I enjoy the works of people and I might appreciate certain styles also. I think the whole essence of life is learning and growing. For me, I just want to learn. Impressions might change, but true spirited music doesn't, no matter how long it has been produced or who produced it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment